Star Fusion Express Restaurant has been proudly serving the Philadelphia communities for the past 5 years. We have continued to keep our Team Members, Guests and Communities in our thoughts and prayers during these challenging times. As a company, we pride ourselves on providing a clean and safe environment for our Team Members and Guests. During these uncertain times, we continue to strive to keep our communities as safe as possible. We are committed to maintaining a safe environment for our Team Members and Guests as to-go/delivery options continue in our locations.
As we prepare for the moment when we will be able to resume dine in operations, we will diligently follow all CDC, State, Local and National Restaurant Association guidelines. The following attached documents helped guide our re-opening safety plan and have been, or will be, implemented as we begin to re-open:
- CDC’s Restaurants and Bars during the COVID-19 Pandemic Re-opening Decision Tree
- COVID-19 Safety Procedures for Businesses Protecting Customers and Employees working in the Commonwealth
- National Restaurant Association COVID-19 Re-opening Guidance
Our number one priority is reopening in a manner that makes health and safety the initial focus of everything we do.
In addition, we have been working on our “Eight Point Safety Plan” to provide our Team Members and Guests reassurance that we are taking many preventative measures to keep them as safe as possible. As we continue to learn more or as additional guidelines are released by the CDC, State, Local and National Restaurant Association we will move quickly to implement them. We have tremendous confidence that our Team is up to the challenge and will deliver the exceptional service and experience that our Guests have come to love us for.
Star Fusion Restaurant’s “Eight Point Safety Plan”:
Pandemic Safety Officer:
- In accordance with the requirement established by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Darlene Jones, Owner, CEO will act as Pandemic Safety Officer. Her responsibility is to strictly adhere to the guidance published by the Department of Health. She also must be available to respond to Team Member questions regarding these requirements.
Screening and Temperature Checks
- Team Members who are sick must stay home and any Team Member who begins to feel sick while at work will be sent home immediately.
- Temperature checks for all Team Members will be required and logged as they arrive for work.
- We will continue to emphasize the importance of proper respiratory etiquette outlined by the CDC below:
- All Team Members will be required to take the Serve Safe online training course Reopening Guidance: COVID-19 Precautions. Topics covered are as follows:
- Identifying the symptoms of COVID-19
- Preventing the spread
- Recognizing actions to reduce employee and guest risk
- Keeping guests and employees safe
- Guidelines for face coverings, hand washing, hand sanitizer use, and food handling
- Guidelines for cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting
- Changes to maintain social distancing
- All Team Members will be re-trained, in location, on the proper cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting protocols especially for high contact areas such as door handles, restrooms, tables and chairs.
- We will require all Team Members to recognize all of our new and/or existing protocols that have been put in place to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Mandatory use of Personal Protective Equipment:
- All Team Members will be provided and required to wear an approved mask and gloves when working both service and kitchen positions.
- We will also encourage our Guests to wear masks while in our locations, other than when at their table. This would include in common areas, such as leaving a table to use the restroom.
Cleaning, Handwashing and Sanitization:
- We will continue to follow all CDC guidelines. We have already increased the amount of routine cleaning, with a focus on high-touch surfaces in common-areas.
- We will be adding a dedicated Team Member to focus on in-store sanitation, disinfecting and cleanliness during all operating hours.
- We will work with all of our third-party cleaning vendors to ensure they pay additional attention to all high-touch areas.
- In most of our restaurants, hand washing stations are positioned throughout the dining room and bar area for our Guests. We will ensure that no touch soap and paper towel dispensers are available at all handwashing stations where possible.
- We will continue to emphasize that proper hand hygiene is followed by all Team Members and will add additional signage to remind everyone of the importance of proper hand washing procedures.
- We will also be adding no touch sanitizer stations throughout the dining room and kitchen.
Reduce “Multiple Touch” Items
- We will still strive to provide the high level of service and experience our Guests are used to. However, we will reduce the amount of touch points there are between Team Members and Guests during the dining experience to help minimize risk.
- We will encourage Guests to review digital copies of our menu through their own personal devices by providing QR codes in each location. We will also have disposable, paper copies of our menu available upon request.
- We will remove all condiments from tabletops. Ketchup, salt, pepper and other condiments will be available to Guests upon request.
- We will also provide Guests with wrapped plastic cutlery, wrapped straws and disposable cups. We will continue to use our regular plating and have verified that dishwashing machines are operating at the required wash, rinse and sanitize temperatures as well as with appropriate detergents and sanitizers.
- We will offer contactless payment options for Guests wherever possible.
Practice Social Distancing:
- A minimum 6-foot physical distancing policy will be in place between tables as well as additional signage to remind our Team Members and Guests about the importance of social distancing.
- We will implement a system of reservation only for indoor dining to ensure we are able to properly manage the number of Guests in the location.
- We will maximize the use of outside dining space wherever possible.
- Where appropriate, plexiglass barriers will be installed in areas throughout the dining room and bar areas for the safety of our Team Members and Guests.
- Wherever possible separate to-go and delivery service pick-up areas will be established to reduce the number of Guests congregating in any one area of the location.
- Wherever possible we will stagger shifts to limit the number of Team Members in the restaurant or bar at the same time.
- We have developed a comprehensive response plan that we will implement in the unfortunate event that a Team Member becomes sick. This will include a thorough and detailed cleaning of the location and notifying Team Members that have come in close, prolonged contact with the Team Member.
In addition to our Eight Point Safety Plan we will also ask all Guests to abide by the following guidelines in order to keep other Guests and our Team Members as safe as possible:
- If you are sick, we ask that you stay home. Also, if you have a temperature or if someone in your house is sick, we ask that you stay home.
- Wear a face covering while in the building other than when at your table.
- Wash your hands. Most locations have hand washing stations in the dining room or bar area. Sanitizer stations will also be available in our locations.
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from other Guests and Team Members when waiting for a table and when walking throughout the restaurant to the extent possible.
- If you get the urge to sneeze or cough, put on your mask, cover your nose, mouth, and mask with a napkin or handkerchief, wash your hands and face thoroughly.